Apply for a grant
Avner Pancreatic Cancer Foundation’s grants aim to encourage new ideas, build the capacity of Australian pancreatic cancer research and find new, more effective treatments in line with our strategic priorities. Grant categories may include Innovation and Accelerator grants.
How to apply
To apply for a grant, you will need to complete Avner Pancreatic Cancer Foundation’s Grant Application form. The application requires detailed information about the principle investigator (applicant), the project, the project timeline and collaborators involved in the project. The application will also need to explain how the project meets grant category objectives and how the budget will be used.
Applications typically open mid-year. Each application will be assessed by our Scientific Advisory Panel and successful applications will be announced towards the end of the calendar year, usually in November.
Please check back for exact opening times closer to the day or sign up for our newsletter to be notified when our grants rounds will be open.
The Scientific Advisory Panel will review the applications based on the following assessment criteria:
- Scientific quality and innovation (35%) - e.g. is the project novel, are the hypotheses sound, and are methodology and analyses well-reasoned and appropriate to accomplish the aims of the project? Does the application challenge and seek to shift current research or clinical paradigms by utilising novel theoretical approaches or methodologies, instrumentation, or interventions? How does the project complement work already being done in the field?
- Potential Clinical Impact and Significance (25%) - e.g. Does the project address an important problem or a critical barrier to progress in the field? If the aims are achieved how might this impact on the survival rates of those suffering from pancreatic cancer? How will scientific knowledge, technical capability and/or clinical practice be improved?
- Investigator team (20%) - Is the investigator team well-conceived for the project? Are collaborations involving external partners including international investigations likely to be enhanced by this project?
- Project management (10%) - Are the proposed activities aligned with the goals? Are the milestones clearly defined and achievable within the timeframe?
- Budget (10%) - Is the proposed budget comprehensive and realistic, noting all in kind and
financial support from the applicant organisation?
The Foundation will only fund projects where:
- The application has been submitted using the Avner Pancreatic Cancer Foundation Grant Application Form,
- The Administering institution agrees to the terms and conditions of funding as outlined in the Avner Pancreatic Cancer Foundation Standard Grant Terms and Conditions,
- The grant applicant (Principal Investigator) resides in Australia,
- The grant applicant’s administering institution is an Australian organisation,
- International collaborations are permitted and strongly encouraged conditional on the above criteria and that no more than 25% of the funded research is conducted overseas, including subcontracted services.
Please note, recipients of an Accelerator Grant cannot apply for a further grant from the Foundation until we are satisfied that the Project has been completed, at the sole discretion of the Foundation.
If you have any questions about our grants, or would like more information about our grant application process, please email email@example.com.