As the Sydney Opera House glowed purple on the eve of World Pancreatic Cancer Day, we revealed the six recipients of our 2017 grants program who will collectively receive $2M for Pancreatic Cancer research.
The four Innovation Grants and two Accelerator Grants include a Queensland project for the first time, along with projects from NSW and Victoria.
2017 is the third year such grants have been provided by Avner’s Foundation and brings our grand funding investment to $6M to date.
We extend our thanks to our esteemed Scientific Advisory Panel for all their work in assessing the applications and making recommendations to the Board and to all our supporters who helped raise these funds.
The 2017 Innovation Grants have been awarded to:
- Professor John Hooper, The University of Queensland
- Dr Zaklina Kovacevic, The University of Sydney
- Associate Professor Shane Grey, The Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Professor Brendan Jenkins, Hudson Institute of Medical Research, Monash University
The 2017 Accelerator Grants have been awarded to:
- Principal Investigator: Associate Professor Paul Timpson, The Garvan Institute of Medical Research
- Principal Investigator: Professor Minoti Apte OAM, The University of New South Wales Sydney
We wish all our grant recipients the best of luck in their research.
Thank you to everyone who has attended our walks, fundraised on our behalf and our amazing sponsors. These grants would not be possible without the help and support of everyone who has supported the Avner Pancreatic Cancer Foundation.
For more detail on our recipients please click here >>