Our fifth annual Adelaide walk took place under clear blue skies as the purple haze of walkers once more made their way along the stunning Henley Beach.
The Adelaide walk is always a special walk as it is held in November, the internationally recognised Pancreatic Cancer Awareness month. And this year it was exceptional!
Another walk record has been smashed with so far $27,000 being raised (up from $18,500 last year). Thank you to everyone who registered, fundraised, dressed up so creatively in purple (the colour of the disease) and generally spread the word. Without the help of everyone who attends these fantastic results would not be achieved.
A very big Thank You to Scott, our Adelaide walk co-ordinator, who not only organised the event but also acted as MC and “warm up” man on the day. Thank you to his band of volunteers who made sure everything ran smoothly; Alison, Sean, Sandy, Liam and Kate for organising the PA system and donating a prize. This event wouldn’t happen without your ongoing support.
We were very luck to have Professor Ross McKinnon, the chairman of our Scientific Advisory Panel, speak at the walk and also, Dr. Petranel Ferrao who gave us an insight into Pancreatic Cancer Research. It is through their support and knowledge that we can achieve our aim “to break through 40 years of no progress by doubling the number of people who survive pancreatic cancer by 2020”.
As always there are our wonderful sponsors to thank;
- Woolworths for helping with storage, loan of equipment and for the wonderful team of volunteers who manned the very busy BBQ
- Beak & Sons for supplying us with their tasty sausages for our hungry walkers
- Coca-Cola Amatil for supplying the Deep Spring flavoured mineral water and our very own Avner still water
- Red Jelly for the artwork design of our walk posters and Wellcom for printing them for us
- Muk Haircare Global for their generous donation of prizes for our Highest fundraisers (individual and group) and our most creatively dressed in purple (child and adult or group)
Thank you Adelaide for making our final walk for 2016 such a success!
Check out our Photo Gallery >>