A “sea of purple” descended on Sir James Mitchell Park, South Perth for our third Perth walk. A staggering 330 walkers had pre-registered and many more turned up on the morning to take part in this scenic walk.
Thank you to all who participated with such enthusiasm. Without your support through registrations, fundraising, donating and dressing up this walk would not be as successful. More than $32,000 was raised from the event!
A big thank you to all our wonderful volunteers who drive the walk each year led by the tireless, Len De Nooyer. for setting up, registering, selling and generally just being so helpful and making sure the event was a huge success. Thanks also to Len and Debra for hosting Caroline while in Perth helping ensure the maximum amount possible could be invested in research into the disease.
Thank you to our special guest’s - Deputy Premier, Liza Harvey for her support and kind words and to Dr Andrew Dean, oncologist and researcher, for sharing his insights into this disease.
MC-extraordinaire Anthea Halliday did a wonderful job and shared her personal insights having worked with Avner.
And to help get our walkers into the mood and warmed up for the journey we have Fergie from the Bayswater Rugby Club to thank.
The walks are not possible without the generosity of our corporate supporters who just keep giving at every walk!
- Woolworths who not only donated groceries but manned the BBQ stall
- Coca-Cola Amatil for drinks
- Beaks & Sons for providing their delicious sausages
- Muk Haircare for supplying their fantastic Haircare products for prizes for our top fundraisers; top team fundraiser, highest individual fundraiser and the highest team fundraiser (all very important people who deserve great prizes) and of course, our best dressed child, adult and group
- Wellcom for supplying all our printing
- Red Jelly for their creative artwork
And thank you again to the Verge family, and especially Ryan, who have done so much to not only raise awareness of the event but also manage each year to raise so much money for the foundation. This year Ryan’s mum, Margaret, won the highest “Individual Fundraiser” with an amazing $2,822.40 and Ryan, won the highest “Team Fundraiser” with his team “Walk With Ryan” raising a staggering $5,568.40.
We look forward to seeing you in 2017!
Check out the full photo gallery of the walk here.