Thanks to all the supporters (689 of you!) who turned out for our 6th annual Melbourne "Put Your Foot Down" Walk this morning. Following a stormy night, rain threatened early on but fortunately held off for most of the walk, creating a wonderful sea of purple at Alexandra Gardens! Whilst donations are still coming through, our tally from this year's 'Put Your Foot Down' Melbourne Walk is currently approaching $80,000 after a fantastic donation of $25,000 from one of our major supporters, Wellcom. An absolutely amazing effort by all. Funds raised go directly towards research projects and helping us achieve our vision of doubling the number of people who survive Pancreatic Cancer by 2020.
Thank you to all who registered, fundraised, donated and dressed up in such amazingly creative outfits.
Once again,a massive thanks to the planning team of Lynne Umbers, Lisa Ricketts and Vassie Catalano – you did an absolutely incredible job planning, organising, managing and promoting the walk.
There were more than 40 volunteers who helped out on the day – we couldn’t manage without you, so thank you to each and every one of you. A special thanks to Alex and Catherine Nicholson who flew in from Tassie for this and every Melbourne walk at their own cost to help out.
A big thanks to Melbourne Storm legend Robbie Kearns for his excellent warm up session and Professor Sean Grimmond, Founding Director of the University of Melbourne Centre for Cancer Research and the Bertalli Chair of Cancer Medicine as guest speaker.
The equipment used was all lent to us free of charge and our corporate sponsors donated food/drinks – all of which helped keep the costs down to a minimum. A big thank you to:
- Woolworths for donation of gift cards and especially Woolworths South Yarra for providing us with storage for the food and the bread
- Coca-Cola Amatil for supplying drinks, marquees and other equipment
- MUK Haircare for donating prizes
- Masters in Hawthorn - they gave us 2 6 x 3 marquees
- Beak and Sons for donation of sausages
- Simone Perele who also donated prizes
- Red Jelly for design of posters
- Lauriston School for lending us equipment such as tables and chairs
- The Malvern Scout group for lending us BBQs and gazebos
- Hacer for the generator
- Canopy Outdoor for 2 of the marquees
To all others who played a part - a big thank you!
And if you missed the Channel 7 News that night, you can check out their coverage of our walk by clicking here.