What a special event our fifth annual Melbourne “Put your Foot Down” walk was. We had a record of 785 registrations, blitzing the impressive record set last year at our cold and wet Melbourne walk! Fortunately the weather was much kinder to us this time! More than $64,799 has been raised so far. What a phenomenal effort! This is testament to the generosity and support of so many.
Thank you to all who registered, fundraised, donated and dressed up in such amazingly creative outfits.
A massive thanks to the planning team of Lynne Umbers, Lisa Ricketts and Vassie Catalano – you did an absolutely incredible job planning, organising, managing and promoting the walk.
There were more than 40 volunteers who helped out on the day – we couldn’t manage without you, so thank you to each and every one of you. A special thanks to Alex and Catherine Nicholson who flew in from Tassie for this and every Melbourne walk at their own cost to help out.
Thank you to Travis Cloke for being so generous and accommodating with autographs and photos, and for leading us in our warm up!
The equipment used was all lent to us free of charge and our corporate sponsors donated food/drinks – all of which helped keep the costs down to a minimum. A big thank you to:
- Woolworths for donation of gift cards and especially Woolworths South Yarra for providing us with storage for the food
- Coca-Cola Amatil for supplying drinks, marquees and other equipment
- MUK Haircare for donating prizes
- City of Melbourne – grant from the Event Partnership Programme
- Beak and Sons for donation of sausages
- Goodman Fielder for the donation of bread
- Red Jelly for design of posters
- Lauriston School for lending us tables and chairs
- The Rotary Club for lending us a BBQ
- Hacer for the generator
- Canopy Outdoor for 2 of the marquees
To all others who played a part - thank you!