Our second Brisbane walk was held on Sunday morning at the beautiful City Botanic Gardens. So far $14,052 has been raised! 111 people registered for the walk, which was lower than last year, but all are motivated to make it bigger and better next year!
The volunteers were an incredible, generous, hardworking group and I am so grateful for all their support:
- The Nielsen family (Jan, Chris, Louis, Oscar, Spencer, Maria) and friends were on food/drinks and turned up, not only with a big group of helpers, but with purple themed cutlery, serviettes, table cloths etc!
- Jane and Greg Dhnaram - helped out wherever needed, including leading the marshalls, helping on the registration stall and Greg was the MC too!
- Lorraine Burrows was super-efficient and friendly on registration, aided by her two daughters Grace and Charlotte. It was a family affair as husband Michael was roped in as a marshall!
- From Woolworths - Brett Fisher, Clint Freeman, Owen Elphinstone, Scott Wallace, Peter Walden and Michael Batycki. They were fantastic in the planning and truly brilliant on the day.
- Stephen Bate who couldn't make it today, but was instrumental in the planning.
- From CCA - Tim Dalton, Carl Ryan, Ashleigh Gray, Richard McGarry and Brendan Fields. Also hugely helpful in the planning and amazing on the day. There was a mixup with the PA system, resulting in none organised. Tim went to the local hotels and managed to borrow one for the event! Phew!
- Anita Collins on photography.
- Marea Ford and Les Field who helped out for a second year as marshalls.
- Dr Nic Waddell, Chief of Science for the Australian Pancreatic Cancer Genomic Initiative at the University of Queensland - for her informative speech about the complexities of the disease.
And to our wonderful corporate supporters who donated all the food/drinks and prizes amongst other help:
Mr Beaks, George Weston, Red Jelly, Wellcom, Coca Cola Amatil and Woolworths
Thank you to all - participants, fundraisers, donors, volunteers and corporate supporters!!!
Click here to check out our photo gallery from the day.