Our 4th annual 'Put Your Foot Down' walk for Pancreatic Cancer in Townsville QLD will take place on Sunday 12th August. We are hoping that the generous and supportive people of Townsville can get behind this walk once again.
Net profits from the walk will go towards advancing scientific research of Pancreatic Cancer.
The walk will commence from the grassed area (closest to beach) near the Rockpool on the Rockpool Headland, Townsville and continue along the length of The Strand Promenade (or beach), turning around at Marina Drive and walking back to the Rockpool Headland (see image below).
Online Registration: Click here
Walk Terms and Conditions: Click here to view.
Activities on the day
- Bring a good appetite as tasty bacon/egg rolls will be sold prior to the commencement of the walk and the famous Beak & Son's sausage sandwiches will be sold after the walk.
- Coca-Cola refreshments including our Avner’s Deep Spring water will be sold at the event.
- Purple is the colour of Pancreatic Cancer, so be sure to wear something purple on the day.
- Merchandise will be on sale at the event including ‘Put Your Foot Down’ t-shirts and caps.
All profits will go towards Pancreatic Cancer research.
There will be prizes for the highest fundraising team, highest individual fundraiser, most creatively dressed in purple – adult and most creatively dressed in purple child.
Registrations: 9:00 am (and online until 5pm Saturday 11th August)
Event Start: 10:00 am
- Adult $25
- Family $60 (2 adults and up to 3 children aged 5 to 16)
- Child $5 (under 5 free)
We acknowledge and thank all our walk sponsors that ensure the maximum amount of profits can go towards Pancreatic Cancer research: Woolworths Limited, Coca-Cola Amatil, Wellcom, Beak & Son's and Red Jelly.